Salut Stefanie

THE STORY BEHIND MY HAPPY NEW YEAR CARD

I had so much fun creating this Happy New Year card, that I shared the process behind it on my Instagram account.
Making stamps and handstamped items such as cards is amazing, but also time consuming and labour intensive.
To continue my own development I am slowly making my way in Photoshop.
 I still use the handcarved stamp as starting point but edit them in Photoshop.
It makes it so much easier to play around with different sizes, colours and compilations.
So here it is, my Happy New Year Card as one of my first results!

The idea for the image was born in theme park Efteling, where I saw this statue by Anton Pieck of The Bremen Town Musicians:


I thought of the idea of making a totem pole and made a first quick sketch in the middle of the night:


Stamps had to be the starting point, so I collected some stamps I had carved myself earlier this year and carved the rest:

Next step was stamping and scanning the stamped images. And I played around in Photoshop to come to a nice compilation. Picking the colours were easy, I was inspired by colours used in the theme park at the Anton Pieck Plein. A nice deep colour of red and a strong petrol blue. And I loved a soft powder blush colour for some small details.
Something like this:

I tested some prints on different paper, but Conqueror Vergé Naturelle is my absolute favourite!



To complete it all, I handstamped a kraftenvelope and seal in style of the card.
Made with love!


Now for sale at my Etsy Shop, or drop me an email! salut(at)salutstefanie.nl

Nu te koop via mijn Etsy Shop of mij een mail sturen mag natuurlijk ook!
Mail me op: salut(at)salutstefanie.nl

2 comments: